Thursday, August 7, 2008

Blessings as a Curse..

A recent post in one of my favorite blogs (www.prayerofhannah.blogspot.com), shared the joy and the work of having two children under the age of two. This is the comment that I shared in response:

Leah,
Thanks for the post! As you know, my Luke and David are almost exactly the same ages as Samuel and Joel. I will agree that the work load seems constant and the quantity/quality of attention that each one gets is different and somtimes minimal or strained, BUT in God's sovereignty He decided to bless me with my two boys up to the very seconds that they are apart in age. I often find myself trying to "decide" when would be the "best" time to "plan" another one, but I am quickly reminded that God is the giver of life and children are a blessing. Often the world looks at having children close together in age as unwise, financially a burden, not "fair" for the other child, etc...if it truly were my choice, I know I would "mess it up" but since it is not, I have to the two greatest blessings in addition to Ross. How awesome. Thanks for sharing!!!
Shannon Bradley


So if I told you we were expecting again, what would be your thoughts? We AREN'T hahahah....just something to think about.

Why do we veiw blessings as a curse?

5 comments:

the broomes said...

Hey Shannon!!! I too am so glad that you are starting a "more reflective" blog...I so miss our conversations and friendship that I know I will greatly enjoy reading your thoughts/prayers/wisdom.
I am right there with you in seeing children, regardless of when God blesses us with them, as a great blessing. Fred and I battle criticism every once in a while about having our kids close in age, but that's okay. There are so many others that have consistently rejoiced with us as our family grows. Praise God for new life! We truly are blessed beyond measure!
Love you!
(BTW: I keep meaning to comment on your recent photos of the boys on facebook; they are both BEAUTIFUL!!! ...you can tell Ross that I called his sons beautiful...I think it's okay when they're so little:) They really are precious! Hope to see y'all soon.)

Shannon Bradley said...

Lindsey!! I miss you!! I hope we can see yall sometime soon. How far are you from IKEA :)??

Unknown said...

Shannon,
I think we often see blessings as a curse because we have our priorities out of order. Another child, especially one close in age, can be a real "drain" on our time, finances & energy. The hardest part of staying home with two boys for ME is not having a job where I receive praise for doing well. I want to have goals to work towards and praise from people around me when I do a good job. I am still stuck here. I am praying that the Lord would teach me to find my worth in Him. I often blame my boys or my husband for my "lot" in life instead of seeing what a blessing this life is.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that! I love to hear from moms who are in your place as I am "planning" (haha...for what that's worth!). I already struggle to think about not giving my precious Luke so much of my attention. By the way, I love the video on the other blog.

The Via Colony said...

You are CRAZY!!! I read that sentence at the end 2 X's thinking just maybe ya'll were pregnant again. I am so glad you started this blog, I've been waiting to hear some more news from you. We miss you guys=)