Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I miss it

Tonight I was updating myself on all of the blogs I read. Some people I know, some people I know very well, others I don't know at all.

I started thinking about the friendships that I have encountered over the past six years. I quickly became overwhelmed at the thought of God's goodness and sweetness to me when we lived in Wake Forest.

I would have never moved from Gastonia to Wake Forest, except for one reason. Ross.

I loved being there with him. But it was a whole new world for me. He had been there for four years already...

I am overwhelmed and humbled when I think of the relationships with other women that I was able to establish. To live alongside of. To be sad away from family with. To be sick alongside of. To be pregnant with. To have our first babies with. To laugh, walk, cry, vent, and most of all trust. There was a loyalty in these relationships that is almost irreplaceable. We loved each other. And still do.

Even though I never call Lindsey (ever), forgot to invite Kristy and Allison to David's party, communicate with Tasha exclusively through the blogging world, and only communicate with Stephanie (who I never even saw in real life in Wake Forest but has made a tremendous impact on my love for Christ) through Facebook etc...I will always love them and cherish the relationship and trust I have with them.

I miss it terribly. Those were some of the best days.

3 comments:

the broomes said...

I love you Shannon!!! I miss you and those blessed seminary days as well. You and Ross were our first "married friends"...who knew us BOTH so well. You will ALWAYS be one of my dearest friends!:) ...and although we are completely awful at keeping in touch, I know that if we got together tomorrow, we could talk non-stop on a long walk like we had seen each other yesterday!!!

The Via Colony said...

I think of those days so often. What GREAT memories and friendships we all had there! It is so funny that we do communicate exclusively through our blogs but it makes those times when we get together that much more cherished=)

Seth Bible said...

Girl, I miss you MORE than you will ever know. I am horrible at the phone but great in my prayers that you will move back someday. :) I love you and cherish you greatly! We miss your entire family and hope to see you soon. You are a great friend and such an encouragement in my walk with the Lord. LOVE YA GIRL
Kristy