Monday, March 30, 2009

A Not So Typical Surprise....

for me that is. No one has ever surprised me with anything. Ever. I always have some "idea" or if ANYTHING is different from the norm, I immediately pick up on it. I am just that kind of girl :)

My one and only, surprised me.

My most favorite sister, surprised me.

Ross "surprised" me on Saturday morning and told me that he had asked my mom to watch the boys, while we went off for the afternoon and for dinner. At 3pm, I told him that I was starving, asked if he wanted to eat at 4:30 or 5:00pm. I mean I am 28 now, can't I eat dinner that early? :) We never eat if one of us isn't hungry (it just doesn't seem as fun!), and of course he wasn't ready to eat. I told him that we would have to go to McDonald's and get something to hold me over. So I settled for fries and a tea, and off we went. We were just riding around talking and enjoying not being interrupted multiple times, and he took a left turn towards our house. I asked what he was doing and he couldn't keep from smiling. I knew then that he was up to something, but didn't realize the thought and love that had been put into it until we pulled onto our street (and saw all of the cars) and walked into my very full house (with lots of special people).

It was absolutely special.

He had been planning it for weeks, with lots of love and help from my sister!! She did all of the womanly leg-work and gave it the sweet party touch that it needed!!

I know that I am loved, but I "felt" so loved on Saturday.

I will never forget it.

I love my husband.

He pursues me.

He actively loves me.

And he surprised me.

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

He did a GREAT job. I'm so glad we could be part of your special day=)