Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Imperfect Life

My life is in no way perfect. (Those of you that know me, already know this!) It is fun and encouraging to read others blogs and write my own. We get to see and share what is going on in life, the cutest pictures of our kids, we get to tell the whole world how great our husbands or wives are, what fun things we have been doing, etc... I love this part of it. Unfortunately, there is another part of life that happens. Imperfection. Sin. My life is not perfect. My love for my husband is not perfect. My kids are not perfect (although I am the first to proclaim this usually:) ) I am mean and grumpy some days. I cry some days. You get the point.

I am a sinner. With hope. I am thankful for the grace and forgiveness that has been given to me through Christ. I would be one nasty person if not ;)

My friend Tasha really got me thinking about how I think and feel as I read others blogs. Sometimes I am envious or feel as if I have not just fallen short as a wife, mom, and woman, but just fallen completely off the wagon!

All this to say: no matter how cute my kids are (and I do think they are handsome little men), no matter how sweet my husband loves me (and he does love me in an awesome way), no matter how clean my house is (and I know I am obsessive), my heart is in need of Christ everyday, I need Him just as much as you do, my marriage needs Him just as much as yours does, my parenting needs Him just as much as yours does, I need Him every hour...

This is the "real world" of blogging.

Today I rest and rejoice in knowing that Christ is working in my imperfect heart and my imperfect life :)

3 comments:

the broomes said...

So well put, Shannon. Thanks for writing this. I so agree-- that despite how "perfect" our lives may look in the blogging world, the truth is that we all are in desperate need of Christ every moment of each day. Hope to see ya soon...we're trying to figure out a time to come to NC- hopefully sometime in March. ...When are you making your first trip to IKEA? ...Oh, you're gonna love it!!!!

KatieB said...

Amen Sister!!!! I read Tasha's post last night, and I completely agree, I just didn't have the time today to do my own post on it! But, as you know I am FAR from perfect, and my prayer is that I don't portray to others that I think I am perfect! Thank God for his loving patience with me every day! I love you, and think one of your greatest qualities is admiting to others when you have fallen short. And by the way, your boys are extremely handsome, and you may brag about that anytime you please!!!!!

The Via Colony said...

Shannon, great post. It's so nice to see that we're not alone. It's what EVERY woman feels inside at some point or another. That's why I have been so convicted to write my true feelings and emotions, as best as I can. I want to relate to others and show my imperfections and even the tough times in parenting and life. I think you are a GREAT mom and you DO have some CUTIES for sons!
We have GOT to get up soon. Maybe a trip to IKEA together would be fun=) We don't even have to buy anything, we can just get awesome ideas!