Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Abundant Life of the Judy's

South Carolina holds many fond memories for me...

I had two favorite places to be...my grandmother BJ's or my Aunt Angie's.

My Aunt and Uncle, along with my two cousins, lived (and still do), in the country of SC. Farm, pigs, cows, goats, peacocks, chickens, emu, tractors, dirt bikes... just to name a few. It was so much fun... simple, relaxing, productive, up early (literally awoken by a rooster! ha), the day was always full. Full of life.

Not much has changed on the farm, as far as farm business goes. Still the same house. Still one bathroom that everyone shares, and you have to go through my aunt and uncle's room to get to it! We dont even think twice about it! Still the same furniture. The same smells. My uncle still has the same truck, good old Chevy.

As far as heart business goes, a lot has changed. God has grown, matured, ripened, and overflowed my Aunt and Uncles hearts for Him and for other people. Since I have "known" my Aunt Angie and Uncle Bud, I knew they loved God. But the awesome thing is, they don't love Him the same that they did 27 years ago. They love Him more. They love themselves less. They love other people more.

They live, according to us city-folk, in the middle of nowhere. Here in this deep country area (not even a town), they have planted a church! Homeward Bound Ministries is the name. They have devoted their lives and time and energy into providing a place for people of this area to come and worship in Spirit and in Truth. Would you believe that after building their worship building and rooms, they had to add small trailor-like buildings on the grounds, for added space? I would, because they are being obedient to Christ.

They don't live the "American dream". Never trying to keep up with latest fad and fashion. They don't have to have the newest car or the biggest house (especially when it comes to the number of bathrooms :).. They really don't care about these things.

They don't need to. They already have everything. They are living what most of us don't even know to dream about. The Abundant Life. It is awesome. It is worth being jealous about ;)

I am very proud of my Aunt Angie and Uncle Bud. They are an encouragement to my family, to live out the Abundant Life that God desires for us.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

1 comment:

KatieB said...

That was such a sweet post. I hope your aunt and uncle have the oppertunity to read it! I know it would warm their hearts.