Saturday, February 14, 2009

ALDI

I HAD to post the deals I got at ALDI today...many of my friends are experts at money saving when it comes to grocery shopping, but I haven't figured it all out yet. However, I do like to do some shopping at ALDI when I can...

There are many staple things that we can't buy there such as: diapers, wipes, the organic items that we are slowly switching too such as milks, peanut butter, eggs, etc...I prefer organic fruit and vegetables, but I have found it is so hit and miss. I do not want to go to 4 different stores each week. I am not stable enough to do that ahhahah....

Here is a run down of my items:

Three tubs Whole Rolled Oats(2 lbs 10 oz in each tub) $1.79 EACH (I am going to start soaking these overnight and I need lots of them since all 4 of us will be eating them)

Sparkling Grape Juice- $2.29

Grape Tomatoes- $1.49

Multi-pack 3 peppers- $2.69!!! (red orange and green)

Seven Packs of 1/2 pint Blueberries- .67 EACH!!!!!

Green Grapes (2 lbs!!)- $2.99

Facial Toner- $2.99

Cone Coffee Filters- $1.59!!

Bleach- $1.29

Whole Pineapple- $1.99

Romaine heart lettuce (3 hearts in a bag)- $1.99

Four Squash- $1.69!!

Four Zucchini- $1.69

Bag of Fugi Apples- $2.99

TOTAL= $38.55

For fruits and veggies you CAN'T beat this!! Well, at least I never have :) I was so excited. I laid everything on the counter for Ross to see and went over every price with him...:) I am quite pleased...;)

4 comments:

KatieB said...

That's great Shan!!! I have tried bargan shopping for groceries, but I get burnt out and discourgaed!! I do however always use coupons!! I wish I had more time to online coupon and meal plan. I do find it fun to calculate my deals, and then share with Paul! It makes you feel good to know you are stretching your hard earned paycheck!!! By the way... check out my blog to see my snaggle tooth!!

geoffrobinson said...

I've been doing a lot of Aldi shopping lately. However, for produce, there is a chain in the Philly area that can't be beat. Produce Junction. Incredibly low prices.

I just get around 15 Roma tomatoes for about $2, just to give one example.

The Via Colony said...

That is so good! I LOVE ALDI! You just can't beat their produce prices, not to mention all those staples which are so cheap. Good job!

Fruitful Labor said...

Proud of you girl!