Monday, April 27, 2009

I am just now learning that....

(in no particular order) :

Nap and Rest time are not my "right"- if I get to lay down, great. If I don't, enjoy doing something productive.

When disciplining my children, fear and honor God, not family and friends.

Think daily and sometimes hourly about the saying that I get tired of hearing, "it will be over before you know it", and love and play with my boys like "it really will be over before I know it". I have REALLY been trying to let this sink in lately and I am having some sweetly satisfying days with my boys.

It is a good thing to be exhausted at the end of the day. It means I have worked hard at what I am supposed to be doing.

Fearing the loss of Ross, my children, or dying before any of them will rob me of enjoying my family. God is not surprised by ANYTHING. Rest in Him.

If I am not in the Word daily, Ross and my boys suffer from my selfishness.

Having kids hasn't changed my desire for a clean house every day, but a lot can wait until they go to bed :)

There is a difference between being rude and being loud. Teach them the difference. Let them be boys!

Yelling just doesn't work. Ever.

I treasure the time that me and Ross had before our boys. This is a blessed season of life we have now, but I do miss those times and know they were so special.

I have a confirmed hate for laundry. Just do it. It's not going to go away.

7:30 am is sleeping in.

9:00 pm is getting late.

Our boys bedtime is just as good for me and Ross as it is for them :)

My kids will disobey when I want them to "obey" the most. And that's okay. It keeps me humble ;)

Tell Luke I am sorry, when I have done something wrong. He grasps it more than I ever thought he could.


To be continued....

5 comments:

the broomes said...

oooo shannon!-- I LOVE these! Very good stuff! I am particularly convicted and encouraged by the "discipline to honor God rather than man" and the "being exhausted" ...keep em coming girl! Thanks!

The Via Colony said...

Wow! I love these too! my favorite from this list is the one stating that it is my family that suffers most when I disregard my time with the Lord! Thanks for these...

Yes, keep em coming!

Unknown said...

You are so precious.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yeah, I love these too! I can sooo relate to pretty much all of them...especially the laundry one =)

Rachael said...

Thanks for the reminders. I also have 2 boys. I really try to get in the floor and play with them- instead of just watching them. I also try not to worry about the house and clean after they've gone to bed.